On your day off, there’s nothing like making an easy, healthy recipe that you can snack on throughout the day. That’s why we invite you this Memorial Day to indulge yourself to a chocolate mousse like you’ve never had before – jam-packed with avocado super power!
Avocado: Superfood Extraordinaire
Known as “The Superfood of Superfoods,” avocados are arguably the most nutritious food on the planet. They are filled with a plethora of nutrients including vitamins A, B, C, E, K, copper, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium. Research has discovered that avocados hold anti-inflammatory properties – thereby reducing the risk of inflammatory and degenerative disorders which can affect every part of the body including joints, internal organ systems, skin and connective tissue.
Simply, healthy recipe
Avocados for dessert? Yep, most nations eat avocados with other fruits because that’s what they really are, fruits! When blended, they have this amazing mousse-like consistency. Think we’re crazy? Try it yourself and be the judge. We dare you!
Truly, one of the most versatile recipes out there, you can have this vegan chocolate mousse for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even desert! A fantastic source of both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, this healthy recipe is dense in vitamins, minerals, and sure to satisfy your taste buds. Best of all, since there’s no sugar or dairy you can eat it 100% guilt-free because everything in it is perfectly good for you!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Prep: 30 min
1 cup low-fat coconut-soaked raisins *
1 t vanilla
½ unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup low-fat coconut milk
¼ t stevia
1. Place avocados in food processor.
2. Add ¼ coconut milk and the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, making sure to scrap the sides with a rubber scraper.
3. Add extra milk to desired consistency.
* Coconut-soaked raisins are a staple for my deserts. They’re unbelievably resourceful and taste good with almost everything – and especially by themselves.
1. Pour 1 can coconut milk in a large container with a lid.
2. Add raisins to the top of the milk line.
3. Mix with spoon, cover bowl, and refrigerate for at least 1 day to marinate.
4. This mixture will keep for several days.
- If your dietary restrictions prevent cocoa, use carob powder instead. Same measurements apply.